Trust in the Lord, and do good;dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord,and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4

Friday, August 17, 2012

Last weekend, a bunch of ladies from my church (ok, it was four, but it's a very small church) got together to crochet hats for the newborns at the nearest local hospital with a maternity ward (which is located an hour away.  Very small church, very small town.).  For anyone who's never crocheted in a group before, I highly recommend it, especially if you can find a way to do it for a good cause.  And now of course, I'm mildly obsessed with the concept of hat-making and am dying to find better ways to embellish the very simple basic hat pattern we used.  We started off with the dimensions and instrucions from this website: http://www.slugsontherefrigerator.com/home/2011/10/how-to-design-a-hat.html And delving a little deeper for those using less basic stitches she adds a second blog post here: http://www.slugsontherefrigerator.com/home/2011/10/how-to-design-your-own-hat-pt-2.html . Both are fantastic, well-written articles that I really need to remember to print off.  But I'm dreaming of pom-poms and earflaps and flowers and edgings and lots and lots of delightful etcetera, so I think I'm going to have to go websurfing and collect some more links.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Signing off, Sheep O'Delight
P.S. I highly recommend browsing the aforementioned blog!

1 comment: